terça-feira, 7 de maio de 2024

Airwolf/ Águia de Fogo - Stringfellow Hawke - Glasslite

One of my favorite 80's childhood series, if not my favorite to this day, is definitely "Airwolf" or in Brazil "Águia de Fogo" - Translated: "Eagle of Fire" Yes my friends, I don't know why people changed the names of things here! They always do that here! So, until I was 10 years old, when I started to learn a little English, I believed that the helicopter was called Eagle, sorry Lady! kkk...  

It was a popular series from 1984 to 1987 that captured the public's imagination with its main vehicle, a black high-tech helicopter equipped with supersonic speed, a wide range of armaments, and various technological devices. These features allowed its pilots, led by the charismatic Stringfellow Hawke (Jean-Michael Vincent), to carry out critical missions on behalf of the United States government.





Riding the wave of the show's success, Glasslite acquired the licensing rights for the series and created a toy line that included not just a friction model of the helicopter but also other vehicles adorned with series-themed stickers.


One of them is the Cheetah F-5, a car based on the Lamborghini LM002 that came with an exclusive, now rare, figure of the character Stringfellow Hawke.






Ok, we know it's not a great model, even for the model of the time, Hawke looks like an old man to me... 😆. The hands were modeled more open and not very anatomical, this prevents the character from holding objects and the joints are like first generation Joes, but honestly I don't care that much about that. Having an Airwolf figure at the time was super cool and still is! Who knows how to do a custom one later by updating the chassis!
I don't know if there were other action figures of Airwolf characters in the world, but without a doubt, a Brazilian company made this 100% in Brazil, well, that's incredible!👌


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário